Yesterday afternoon and evening didn’t offer anything new for me on the MW-band. Just the usual strong stations from the Middle East (Radio Payam, Tehran was HUGE on 1188 KHz), China and Taiwan. Contitions in general, was very poor and a check on the 60- and 49-meter bands verified this, as a couple of very strong african stations was noted during late afternoon and evening. Since conditions didn’t offer anything “interesting”, I decided to have another try to find a solution of my QRM-problem, and it seems that adding a third, dedicated noise cancelling wire, did the trick. I have now managed to get rid of most of the noise pollution by phasing each of the loops against the “noise wire” instead of phasing one loop against the other.
If conditions doesn’t improve, I think I’ll spend the evening with writing a few reception reports. Haven’t done that for several years, hi!